Friday, May 04, 2007

Dreams Made Out Of Stone

Until now most of the six-pointed stars I showed on this blog from India were Mogul (Muslim) but this one is a Hindu Star.
Photo is courtesy of "javeja" who published it on Flickr and wrote to me:

I found this in Hampi, Karnataka... Hampi is a very old sacred pilgrimage place: temples that stretch over an 26 square kilometers area... I really ask myself why would they use it in India only for decorative use... I don’t know I think they must have been more behind it... the star symbol on the pillar is very very old from the 14th century... more I don’t know...
Looking for more info about this place I found a very informative article on
www karnataka com; like: 

If dreams were made out of stone, it would be Hampi...
Saint Vidyaranya established the seat of Vijayanagara empire in 1336 C.E.

Hampi is a World Heritage Centre

No comments: